Please see the PDF attachment at the bottom of this article for recommended cleaning and disinfecting procedure for Elo products relative to COVID-19.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
The MicroMarket touchscreen should be cleaned on a regular basis to maintain optimal performance. An unclean or smudged touchscreen can affect the performance of a kiosk. The touchscreen must be carefully cleaned. Learn basic and deep cleaning instructions for Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 and v5 MicroMarkets in the following article.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is difficult to disinfect any touchscreen as they can be easily damaged. Do NOT spray glass cleaner directly on the monitor. Doing so could cause the liquid to leak into the unit and damage the hardware. Instead, spray the liquid onto the microfiber cloth. Products containing ammonia should be avoided.
- Microfiber cloth made for cleaning electronics.
(The 3M Microfiber Electronics Cleaning Cloth or the JP Case Microfiber Cleaning Cloth for electronic devices are recommended.)
- One of the following cleaning solutions:
- A standard glass cleaner
- A mild soap and water solution
- U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) green soap
- Sodium hypochlorite solution (1:10 dilution of household chlorine bleach in water), note using this solution may lighten color over time.
- Phenolic germicidal detergent (1% aqueous solution)
- Cidex 2.4% Activated Glutaraldehyde Solution
- 50% isopropyl alcohol mixed in 50% water solution
- Novus 1
Do NOT spray glass cleaner directly on the monitor. Doing so could cause the liquid to leak into the unit and damage the hardware. Instead, spray the liquid onto the microfiber cloth.
Deep Cleaning the POS Touchscreen
Dirt buildup along the inside edge of the kiosk chassis can increase pressure around the inside edges of the touchscreen, over time impacting the calibration of the device. If the screen has continuing problems with registering touch, it is recommended to remove the touchscreen from the kiosk chassis completely and clean around the edges. Watch our instructional video below, demonstrating how to remove the touchscreen:
Removing the POS Touchscreen for Service